Monday, March 16, 2009

Legendary Performance #7: Wembley 1995. Period.

Happy Monday to y'all! It's disgusting how quickly the weekend goes, isn't it?!

So, here we are back to the Legendary Performances series. What's on for today? Wembley Stadium ... such a big part of Bon Jovi history.

I am forever grateful that they released the 1995 video from Wembley - Jon Bon Jovi's voice during those shows was just frickin' amazing. I don't know if its just that he was really rested or if it was something (moisture) that they were pumping onto the stage, but I think its hands down the best version of "Always" I've ever heard. Don't you agree?



I mean, seriously ... Richie's solo, David's playing, Tico pounding and Huey grooving. Its flawless. (Hmm...this seems to be exactly what I said about their performance of "This Ain't A Love Song" way back when I started this blog.)

I just wish they had actually released the WHOLE show. You KNOW that the setlist was much, much longer. And, it would have been great if they had included songs from the other nights. But, we all know how Jon is ... LOL.



And what about those classic Jon Bon Jovi moments? Like this one ...



You totally have to love that!

Well, its a shame that Bon Jovi didn't get the chance to open the new Wembley. I think other artists should be grateful for the construction delay because we know that our boys would be a very hard act to follow. :-)