Sunday, January 18, 2009

Well, Its Just Fine with Me

FAIR WARNING: I am going to speak my mind ... but its my blog, so there! :-)

I hope you all watched the "We Are One" concert today from Washington, D.C. --- no ... and not just because Jon Bon Jovi was singing.

(If you missed it and want to see it, you can catch it on hbo.com in repeats.)

What an amazing event!

I know some people don't like the fact that there is this big celebration and its costing all this money...blah blah blah.

All I can say is ... its just fine with me.

I see a hope and an excitement for the future in these events, something this country (and the world) actually NEEDS right now.

I see artists of all types coming together ... from Renee Fleming to Will.i.am.

I see people who are braving the cold to be a part of history.

I see an incoming First Family who sings along with the songs and comfortably laughs at the funny moments.

I was chatting online with the Fiction Mistress and all my German girls as we were watching it ... proving that this truly is a worldwide celebration. We talked about how wonderful it was to soon have a President that is an inspirational speaker ... someone, who, like Bill Clinton, will challenge us to step up and do and be better.

As for Jon and the performance today, all I can say is ... what an incredibly blessed life he has had (and I am pretty sure he realizes this.) He has performed for half a million in Times Square, is one of the few artists to have sung in Central Park, performed for a Presidential Inaugural celebration and served as a musical ambassador in the Soviet Union at a time when that just hadn't been done.

And I feel blessed to have been able to tag along for the ride.