Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Word of the Year: Believe

Don't look up to your movie screens
In record stores or magazines.
Close your eyes and you will see
That you are all you really need.

I believe, I believe.
With every breath that I breathe,
You and me can turn a whisper to a scream.

I believe.
I believe.

I recently got into scrapbooking ... very much inspired by the super-talented Willow. As such, I'm working on something called "Project 52" where I do a layout per week that centers around the same word.

As you can see, the word I chose for 2009 is "believe." I think it really sums up so much of the mindset I (and so many others) need to keep. So, of course, first off ... I must post a video of Bon Jovi ... right?

Here's a clip from Twickenham of "I Believe" from this last tour. (I love how Jon goes thru the audience and sees which songs they have done at that point.)

video


Isn't that a great video? Here's a few things I gleaned from it:

1. I BELIEVE Jon Bon Jovi still has the pipes to sing just about anything he wants (as evidenced in the Sam Cooke cover on Thursday night.)
2. I BELIEVE the band really does love playing that "old" stuff ... look at Richie and Dave rockin' out!
3. I BELIEVE that Jon might actually have more guitar chops on electric than I originally thought. (sorry, Jon)

So...what is your word for the year? Do you have one? Think about it ...

Obviously, I will be touching on this word a lot during the year ... and certainly over the next week. Woo hoo!