Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Joys of Being a Musician

So, I was sitting at a bar the other day watching the Giants lose, and got into a conversation with the guy sitting next to me. It was my old Juilliard watering hole (read: cheap beer and endless supply of peanuts) which has now somehow become the hang-out for all the cast members from "One Live to Live" and "All My Children" ... go figure!

ANYWAY, this guy and I were talking about being in the arts and I was sharing some stories of my travels as a classical musician. I really have been so blessed being able to go around the world from Taipei to Trujillo (a city north of Lima, Peru.)

But, the truth is ... as much as musicians are lucky to travel, there is a price you pay ... the days often run together and sometimes you have no idea what town you're in!

The conversation reminded me of the great "On the Road" stuff that has been done over the years with Jon, Richie, David and Tico. So, I thought I'd revisit one of my favorite fireside chats with David Bryan from the recent Lost Highway tour.


P.S. I thought that most people knew about these ... but it seems most don't? Do you want me to post more of them? If so, just leave me a comment and I'll post more over the next week. I particularly like the episode of Jon getting on a tour bus ... now THERE'S a rarity! LOL