Friday, January 30, 2009

Tribute to Obie O'Brien

Jon Bon Jovi has given us many gifts ... life-affirming songs, unforgettable performances, a reason to dream and hope .. hell, he's even given us a few funny movie moments.

But, one often overlooked gift has been introducing us to his friend, audio guru and wonderfully sarcastic sidekick, Obie O'Brien.

I hadn't been over to bonjovi.com in quite a while ... hard to believe, I know! But, during non-tour time things are generally slow ... and who wants to look at all the merchandise when you don't have a job? LOL

As a result, I needed to catch up on the Q&A section and see what our favorite Philly Soul Son had to say. (For those of you who didn't know, Obie is actually from the city of "Brotherly Shove.") He has brought us some fab glimpses into the Bon Jovi chaos over the years including the terrific run of BJTV during the making of the Bounce record. I will never forget the episode of Jon doing radio id's or Richie and David's impromptu version of "The Monster Mash."

So I pulled a couple of my favorite Obie responses. I love that he takes the time to deal with some of the teenage (and not-so-teenage) wackos. Anyone who submits a question just needs to be warned in advance that he has a wicked great sense of humor and has had some real zingers over the years.

But here's a few recent ones that got a laugh out of me.

Question
How far do you have to go to finish msg dvd?
Asked by bon_jovi_always1992
Answer
About 15 feet.
Answered by Obie

Question
What is bon jovi and you doing right now with the album and dvds?
Asked by bon_jovi_always1992
Answer
We are juggling them..... and a couple of chain saws.
Answered by Obie

Question
OBIE HELP!
I've lost my Lost Highway DVD!
I'm so upset, I can't find it anywhere!
Help me find it please? :)
Asked by jonbonjovilvr
Answer
Did you look over there?
Answered by Obie


and my personal favorite...

Question



Asked by 111jbjfan11
Answer


Answered by Obie.

And how about some Obie in person ....