Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just the Man and His Guitar is Fine with Me

So, the "Jon Bon Jovi & Friends" concert is quickly approaching - which means my crazy European friends will be here soon. (Wait til you hear THOSE stories from the road!)

And, of course, in the Bon Jovi world that means lots of going on (and on ... and on ... and on, ad nauseum) about what songs are going to played, who "the friends" are going to be, what the entrance procedure is, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera (think Yul Brynner in "The King and I.")

As for me, I'm excited about seeing my overseas friends and the opportunity to hear Jon in a different kind of setting. I'd be happy with just Jon and his six-string (actually, I'm sort of partial to the beautiful noise a 12-string makes, but I won't be picky.)

For all those people going on and on about the fact that its just Jon and friends ... well, here you go.

Here's Jon ... and friends (two of whom I'm guessing WILL be at the Starland show) and to me, its just perfect.



Anyone who knows me is aware of my absolute love for "Every Word ..." -- its the song I would pick if I had to choose just one for him to perform.

P.S. And look! I even tried to make it educational by giving you the opportunity to learn some Spanish ... though I guess "hey now" ... which was translated to "listen to (or hear) me" was the best they could do ... LOL

P.S.2. And I still smile every time I see that "Dallas Sucks" bumper sticker!