Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday: Jon Bon Jovi ASA#4

Ok ... I can't believe that a week from now, the entire New York/New Jersey area is going to be overrun by crazed Bon Jovi fans. As such, here are a few more NYC-related things ....

Everybody is asking about the Hard Rock Cafe so they can get pins and t-shirts and generally just gawk at the beautiful signage in the store ....



Location: Times Square.
Subway: Just about every train stops on 42nd Street, but my recommendation is the 1, 2 or 3 which drops you off RIGHT there at the HRC.







Today's Anti-Stalking Activity is one of my FAVORITE things to do in NYC -- taking a ride on the Staten Island Ferry. No .. I'm not kidding. The NYC skyline is one of the best in the world - tho severely marred after 9/11, its still impressive and always puts a smile on my face.














The Ferry is a great way to take in the Statue of Liberty and the lower Manhattan skyline for FREE. Take the #1 train all the way down to South Ferry. If its cold, sit inside. But, if you can take the breeze, stand on the back of the boat going to SI and the front coming back. You'll get some great views! In the summer, I like to have my own little mini-picnic on the ferry. :-)

P.S. If they make you get off once you arrive in Staten Island, just take the next boat back.

--------------------------------------------------------

Okay ... and just because ... here's a little bit of Jovi to brighten your day. I'm recovering from a late night getting my Jovi fix with Slippery When Wet. More on that later. But, hearing them always puts me in the mood for some "early" Bon Jovi.