Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bon Jovi and Cover Songs

I will get back to "Legendary Performances" and ASAs in the next post, but I just wanted to talk about Bon Jovi and cover songs for a moment.

I'm thinking specifically about some of the coupling of cover songs with their own over the years. Jon Bon Jovi is just fantastic when it comes putting songs together. (Of course, one thing is ... once you hear their version of a cover, you never seem to go back and listen to the original version ... i.e. Have a Little Faith in Me.)

Anyway, a few pairings come to mind - including the combos of If Loving You is Wrong/Damned (hot, hot, hot) and my personal favorite -- Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down with BJ's Have A Nice Day ... just BRILLIANT!

But, here's one that was a lot of fun but not performed very often. :-(



So ... what are some of your memorable cover couplings? Sleep When I'm Dead with Dancing in the Streets? Bad Medicine and Shout? Bad Name with Hit the Road Jack? ... damn, that one was so good ...."such a dirty bad girl ... but I like it like that" ... oyyyyy!