Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bon Jovi: Just a Little Thank You

I have been having a really bad couple of days so excuse me if I get a little mushy here today ...

Actually, as hard as they are, these are the times I thank the heavens above that I'm a Bon Jovi fan. But, its not just the music that I'm grateful for ... I'm also grateful for the people that have come into my life because of this band ... friends I have made that make me stronger, make me smarter and make me feel valued.

Maybe its the overriding optimism of their songs that attracts a certain kind of person to this band.

Now, don't get me wrong - its not always flowers and sunshine - I have seen some pretty crazy stuff go down when Jon walks into a roomful of women. But, those momentary lapses aside, I have met amazingly loyal and caring ladies (and even a few men!)

Perhaps its an example set by the band itself? So ... here's a little dedication to the friendships that have been made and will continue to grow for years to come ...



For those of you at this show, did you not hold your breath the entire time Jon was standing on that railing?! I know I did. I mean, really Jon ... love the spontaneity and all ... but it would not have been a pretty sight to have you falling off that thing. On the other hand, I'd be happy to rub whatever hurt afterwards. Oh, lordy, did I say that out loud? *blushes ever-so-slightly*

Well, friends ... I will try to post as much as I can over the next week, but as you know, my European friends arrive tomorrow so all hell is gonna break loose! Woo hoo!

If you're coming to the fan club show, please be sure to try to stop by and say hi ... I'll be the one in the Bon Jovi shirt. LOL

A quick note: A couple of the girls will be collecting gently used blankets on Monday for Project H.O.M.E. in Philadelphia.

So, if you're planning to bring things to help you stay warm in line while waiting for entrance to the venue, please consider donating it at the end of the day for use by this incredible organization.