Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Monday - ASA #2

Well, its sunny and warmer today. Just gorgeous outside so I'm gonna keep this brief ... well, maybe ...

Here's Jon Bon Jovi ASA#2. (if you missed the first installment, "ASA" stands for anti-stalking activity.)

There are no shortage of great, great restaurants in NYC. Seriously, you can find just about anything your heart desires - from Korean BBQ (yumm!) to Peruvian ceviche to the finest in "fine dining" -- everything from Thomas Keller's Per Se to great American cuisine at Gotham Bar & Grill to one of my favorite places, Aquavit.

Oh I miss my days in banking when we would eat all these great places ... how did I - a trained classical musician - get into banking? Well, that's a story for another time ...

Sorry ... I digress. ANYWAY, yes ... there are tons of fabulous places to eat. But, you've just spent all this money on a fan club ticket, airfare, hotel, etc. so $200/person for dinner is out of the question.

What would a New Yorker do? Go to Gray's Papaya!



You simply can't have a trip to NYC without a visit to Gray's. There are several locations - the most popular being probably the one at 37th Street and 8th Avenue (for my friends staying at The New Yorker hotel, that's just a couple blocks up from you.)

"My" Gray's is at 72nd and Broadway. I couldn't have gotten thru Juilliard without it.

Other locations include the corner of 8th Street/6th Ave and one down on Waverly Place.