Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bon Jovi LP #5: NFL Kick-Off in Times Square

The latest induction into Legendary Performances: Another Bon Jovi Gift to NYC

Damn, what a day THAT was! Ok ... I know some of you reading this were there too, so I expect to hear your memories of that show.

I remember the stage being so incredibly high -- Jonny, you looked really tall up there ;-) -- and the energy was like nothing else. That's saying a lot for Times Square.

Sure, they did a great set with new songs from Bounce, as well as all the hits we know and love (and a kick-ass Shout), but it was the end of the show that cemented this performance's place in history ...



Seriously, how absolutely gorgeous is that?! And the flag on Richie's jeans blowing in the breeze ... I still get choked up when I see this.

Okay ... and I just had to include the clip below as well.



The Bounce record has a lot of significance for people - most of it having to do with the need to heal after 9/11.

For me, its also very personal. The album came out after my cancer had relapsed the first time. I used to listen to it every time I went for chemo (and yes, I was that girl who would yell "Is there a doctor in the house?!" when I arrived at the hospital ... LOL) If I'd had the money, I would have bought a copy of the album for every person ever diagnosed.

P.S. The only bad thing that day ... the Giants lost. :-(