Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Next LP: You Vote

Someday I'll Be Saturday Night

I absolutely love this song. I have since the first time I heard it. I have seen and experienced so many great versions of this song that I knew it had to be added to the Legendary Performances posts.

The only thing is ... which one? So, I'm throwing it out to you all. I think both of these performances are absolutely remarkable. The Amsterdam HAND one just pulls at my heart. The one from South America ... it just blows me away. I think these two show Jon Bon Jovi's incredible diversity in delivering a song ... as well as the strength of the song itself. Favorite lyrical line by far ... "Gonna pick up all the pieces and what's left of my pride." Brilliant.

So, what do you think? (You can vote at the left.) I really can't decide ... awww heck, maybe both should go in?