Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Messages for Jon Bon Jovi

I'm literally counting the hours until I leave for Summerfest ... though at this point I think its more about the ridiculously long list of things I have to get done, rather than my excitement about going to see "the boys."

I have not decided whether or not I'm going to create a sign for this show ... I'm tempted to take my (in)famous "Destination Arenabowl" sign from last tour and put in big red letters across it "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED."

Then again, I'm also tempted to make a sign that says "Jon, We Want Our Soul Back!" -- as an aside, I was disheartened to read in Sports Illustrated today that the owner of the Cleveland Gladiators filed for bankruptcy protection. If (ooops! I mean when) the AFL returns, it would be a shame if Cleveland lost that team. They came on the scene and made an impact very quickly, even if they "borrowed" a lot of their operations ideas from the Soul.

Perhaps I should make a sign that says "The Power of WE" after watching the videos of Jon's speeches at the last few events - especially some of the comments he made in San Francisco and during the CNN feature. If you haven't seen them, visit Hath's blog.

(Speaking of him in San Fran, there is something wrong with you if this picture doesn't make you smile ...)
























So ... what do you think? What would you put on your sign for the concert?

Okay ... now onto other business ... the next poll.

I wasn't really too surprised that We Will Rock You/Summertime won the last poll ... would be nice to get that combo tomorrow night in Milwaukee (though if given the choice of anything, I'd still prefer either Undivided or Bounce ...)

So, lets see how much you really liked that clip as I put it up against another great performance from Germany *waves wildly to my dear friends over there*



VERSUS