Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yes, Virginia, There is ...

Holy cow, I think I just found heaven ...

I was talking to a friend last night and he was raving about a place downtown that only serves rice pudding. I am a big lover of rice pudding so my ears perked up right away. I remember hearing rumblings about such a place at one point ... but then something about it closing. I have been to the all-cereal "restaurant" in Philadelphia and that was fun, but this had potential to be something truly great, so I was happy when he confirmed that it did exist.

So, in the cold, I trekked down to Spring Street to see what I could find.

Of course, I had to have a few samples just to get the flavor of the place ... my first - Sex Drugs and Rocky Road.

They have a few seasonal flavors as well - the best name in the bunch being the Kiss my Anisette XMas Pudding. But, I found Don Cappucino was particularly yummy.

I'm looking forward to Summer when I can try Rest in Peach (yet, another RIP ... see my previous blog about R.I.P. ... on second thought, maybe not while we are talking about food ... LOL)

Anyway, so the next time you're visiting Jon Bon Jovi ... oh, I mean New York City ... stop by and check it out. 37 Spring Street (between Mott and Mulberry.)

P.S. Also try the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory when you're here - its fantastic, too. The Green Tea Ice Cream is wonderful. :-)