Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just a Damn Good Christmas Song

So, I was standing in line at Staples -- fyi, there is a line for everything in NYC ... people just line up out of habit, doesn't matter what it is ...

Anyway, I was standing in line at Staples -- btw, does a USB cable really need to be $30? That's highway robbery in my opnion ...

ANYWAY ... try number 3 ... I was standing in line at Staples when one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs came on. It certainly made waiting much more palatable.

The song? "I Wish Every Day Could be Like Christmas" by our beloved Bon Jovi. And its not one of my favorites just because its Jon and he sounds awesome - its because of that old time rock-n-roll feel, its because the lyrics are just so perfect. And because like I have said before, I am a sucker for anything in 6/8 or 12/8.

Take a listen if you don't know the song and see what you think.

{Here's a live clip from one of the HAND concerts in New Jersey - three amazing sold-out shows that simply rocked ... oh and one helluva great canned food drive!}





P.S. I heard from one of my Soul staff buddies ... we should be singing "Dry County" cause all the money's gone, all the jobs are gone ... still they're hanging on ...

note to Jon Bon Jovi: I hope you do something for these kids 'cause this whole thing sucks ... no way around it.