Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm Off to See the Wizard ...

okay, its actually Kansas City, MISSOURI and not Kansas City, KANSAS ... but no matter ...

Greetings fellow Jovinuts! Its a rainy, dreary day in New York City ... but there's sunshine on the horizon ... yes, that would be a Jovishow on Monday.

I'm super-excited to be going back to the place where it all began for The Fiction Mistress. We both have good pit seats (rows 3 and 4) so hopefully she will get some more kick-a$$ video and I will be doing the pbp on Twitter. :-)

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new stage set-up with the robots and the screens etc etc etc ... which for obvious reasons weren't schlepped all the way to Honolulu. Add to it that HRH has really been trying to change up the setlists as promised (Never Say Goodbye!!!, Hey God, Diamond Ring, Bullet, etc.) ... dare I hold my breath for This Ain't A Love Song complete with "the knee-drop" at the end (I will even bring a pillow for him ... cuz we all ain't as young as we used to be. LOL)

Anyhoo, it has NOT been a stellar couple of days by any stretch of the imagination EXCEPT for the absolutely awesome Early Elton show at BB King's this week.

So, what IS that you ask? Well, its Jeff Kazee/John Conte/Rich Pagano playing the music of Elton John basically between the years of 1970-1972. I actually forgot how absolutely great those songs are. Count on Kazee to remind me. I swear to God I'd love to just sit with a cup of coffee and go thru Jeff's record collection and listen to him talk about music. :-)

Anyway, here's the set list ...

Bad Side of the Moon -Jeff
Take Me to The Pilot - Jeff
No Shoestrings On Louise - Rich
Border Song - Jeff
Levon - Rich
Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters - Jeff/Rich (OMG I love this song!)
My Father's Gun - Rich
Son Of Your Father- Rich
Country Comfort - John/Rich/Jeff
Madman Across The Water - Jeff
Amoreena - Jeff
Friends - John
Burn Down The Mission - Jeff

Encore:

Honky Cat - Jeff
Grey Seal - Rich

My friend L got some great video of the encore and hopefully when she figures out how to rotate it, I can post it. LOL. But, in the meantime ... here is a video from a previous show.



See?! I could sit and listen to Jeff play all day long. I must say that the guy really deserved a massage after this show ... he played the %$&* out of that piano. Amazing!

And I just had to snap this crappy cell phone picture of the great John Conte (you remember him from the Jon Bon Jovi & Friends Starland fan club show, right?) ... now THAT is a sight - plaid pants, striped shirt, playing a mandolin. Love it! He DOES have a history of colorful attire.

By the way, I was a good girl and didn't try to steal the nice poster that was outside the venue ... oh, Jeff ... can you help a girl out? :-)

Okay. Well, I'm off (I guess y'all knew that already haha) ... I MEAN ... I'm off to Kansas City for some bbq, some music and a little time with my partner-in-crime (which will no doubt include some wine.)

P.S. Thinking about hitting the Tampa show ... anyone have an extra ticket? :-)