Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One Helluva Night

Happy Tuesday Jovinuts ... sorry I've been a bit "missing in action." Fall is here (more or less) in The Big Apple which somehow means my schedule has gotten completely and utterly CRAZY.

In any case, here I am ... right where you found me ... trying to break these chains that surround me ... (okay, does anybody see where I'm going here???)

Yep! I'm still reeling from Friday night's Southside Johnny show at BB King's ... (and before y'all ask ... no, HRH wasn't there, though he would have enjoyed it tremendously!)

So, its becoming a tiny bit more common for artists to perform an album in its entirety -- and on Friday we were treated to SSJ's iconic record "Hearts of Stone."

As usual, I had my favorite spot - front row between Jeff Kazee and John Conte. I love it there because John really grooves and Jeff is just ... well ... incredible. I seriously had to giggle when the band came out ... do Jon Bon Jovi and John Conte shop at the same store?














The picture of John Conte, courtesy of my friend B who was visiting NYC. We had a great time. Oh, and B ... I haven't taken the necklace off since Saturday. THANK YOU!!!


I'm just sayin' ...

Anyway, back to the show ... here's the setlist.

Keep Me in Your Heart for a While (gorgeous with just Bobby and Southside -- in remembrance of 9/11)
Better Way Home
Baby's Gone for Good
I Played the Fool
Hearts of Stone
Take it Inside (I really think this should have been used for an AFL commercial! LOL)
Talk to Me
Next to You
Trapped Again
Light Don't Shine
Forever
Till the Good is Gone
Waiting on a Sunny Day
Lean on Me
Can't Find My Way Home / Nothing but a Heartache
Needles and Pins
Walk Away Renee
Happy
Coming Back (as Tara would say ... gahhhhh!!!)
This Time It's for Real
Summertime / The Fever
I Don't Want to Go Home
It's Been a Long Time

Working Too Hard / The Holiday Inn Express Blues (that's one of those "you had to be there" moments)
Tango Till They're Sore

Take the A Train and In the Mood (SIMULTANEOUSLY - totally hysterical)
We're Having a Party

It was special enough to get a whole album, but then I swear it was like Southside somehow knew all my favorite songs and played them (well, except for Soul's on Fire from "Better Days.")

And, given that Friday was the anniversary of the September 11th attacks, one of my faves sort of hit me hard.

Its been a long time since we laughed together
Its been a long time since we cried
Raise a glass to the comrades we've lost
My friend its been a long, long time.


If you don't know the song (though I have posted this video before) ... take a listen.



Anyway, since I teased y'all with Trapped Again, here's one of everybody's favorite clips ... again ... because it never gets old. :-)



Next show will be in mid-October ... and I'm hoping another of my Jovigirls can join me for her first EVER Southside show. :-)