Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Up at the Crack of Dawn (blame Jon)

Well, Happy Tuesday to y'all! At least I think it's Tuesday ... its the freakin' middle of the night and I'm up getting ready to hit the road.

Why, you ask? Well, because today is the release of Daughtry's new album "Leave This Town" and I'm joining the celebration at Rockefeller Center when the band plays The Today Show.

I've done this crazy thing several times before, but exclusively for Bon Jovi -- and, frankly, I find myself a little surprised to be doing this for another artist. I blame Jon Bon Jovi -- that line works for so many things, so I figured I might as well use it here ...LOL.

Well, it does ... just think ... my paltry bank account after attending so many shows (blame Jon), lack of sleep criss-crossing the country during the tour (blame Jon), having to deal with cranky people on an overnight plane to city XYZ because the band is playing there (blame Jon), holding every guy you date to an unrealistic standard (blame Jon.) Is this sounding at all familiar to you? LOL

So, now I can add this to the list because it was Jon who introduced me to Daughtry.




Seriously, the only two episodes of American Idol I ever watched were the two that Bon Jovi were on (blame Jon...LOL) But, after hearing Daughtry at several shows during the Lost Highway tour, I was hooked.

So, count me among the newly-converted. (I would have voted for you, Chris, I swear!)



side note: it was a bit difficult finding a lot of live clips ... hmmm...?


............

Alright ... okay ... I had to include this one, too, because it was a great concert (Jon's birthday in Philly) and I LOVE Knockin' on Heaven's Door ...



Anyway, if you liked Daughtry opening for the boys during the Lost Highway tour, run (don't walk) to your local music store and get a copy of the new record. It rocks!