Wednesday, February 17, 2010

One More Time with Feeling...?

So this article has been getting a lot of attention today ... and mostly because of this quote:
* Kurz stressed the league would love to get the Philadelphia Soul team led by Jon Bon Jovi and Ron Jaworski back on board. Kurz said no one has done more for the league than Bon Jovi and his group. The new AFL has been in talks to bring the Soul back.

Well, that's the truth. Period. Jon Bon Jovi put his heart, and his Soul (literally and figuratively) into the AFL. And where did it get him? Yes, he got a championship ring and trophy. Yes, he used it as a platform to launch his foundation (which is still going and growing stronger every day.) But, in my opinion, the last league got lax and just let him do the work without strategically thinking about how they would capitalize on the opportunities presented to them. Why would he think this league would be any different? Only time will tell.

Do I want to see the Soul come back?
Of course I do.

Will I travel to Philly for all the games?
Of course I will
(hell, its a lot closer than when I did that from Cincinnati. LOL)

And until/when/if that happens, I will continue to remember the good times, good deeds and great friends that were at the core of the Philadelphia Soul.

P.S. Ironically, I just found my SSAB (Soul Strategic Advisory Board) polo shirt when packing for Hawaii. I wondered where that had gone.