Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Aloha ... from LAX

Greetings from RAINY Los Angeles (I thought it wasn't supposed to do that here! LOL). I am currently sitting in the waiting area at LAX hoping to get on an earlier flight to Hawaii. Its looking about 50/50 right now.

Luckily flight out of the "soon to be snow-slammed Big Apple" was uneventful ... actually had two seats to myself ... Nice. :)

Ironically, the movie they were showing was the Michael Jackson "This Is It" film which I had not seen yet. Why is this ironic? Well, because the last full Bon Jovi show I saw (that infamous Summerfest one) was the day MJ passed away.

Well, regardless of how you may feel about Michael Jackson as a person, you can NOT deny he was an incredible performer and his songs will live on forever (dang, I loved that whole "Smooth Criminal" sequence!). The "Thriller" portion is great ... And how about those Harry Potter-esque spiders!?

All I can say is this would have been one helluva show to see live. It really makes me feel for the dancers, designers, musicians and crew who never got the chance to see the audience reaction from their hundreds of hours of work. They all realized they were part of something special ... And its nice we get to experience a little of that too.

Okay ... That's all for now. Next post will be from the beach. :)

P.S. If you didn't hear ... supposedly our beloved Jon Bon Jovi is learning to use Twitter. Speaking of tweeting, be sure to follow me for play-by-play from Hawaii. (BigAppleJovi)