Friday, October 17, 2008

Sometimes a Song Says It All



It's pretty cold for late September
The autumn wind is creeping in.
The summer sun packed up it's long gone
There's a whole lot of leaving going on...

I bet it's warm in California
I think it's time to hit the road
I just might call that band of gypsies
Go searching for our pot of gold.

Whole Lot of Leavin'
Bon Jovi - Lost Highway


Fall has always been my favorite season. I think its that "school" mentality that things begin anew ... sometimes because you want it to, sometimes because it is simply forced upon you - either by circumstance or by other people.

Well, here we are again. The older I get, the more I realize that there is still so much I don't really know ... and people surprise me all the time.

In any case, the greatest thing about music is its ability to cut to the heart of what you're feeling or where you are at a particular moment. So ... what song is your life soundtrack right now? Think about it ... hopefully it puts a smile on your face.

P.S. Damn ... doesn't that picture just make you want to jump in the car with Jon and go for a long drive? :-)