Saturday, October 31, 2009

Giants, Jukes and Other Random Things

Greetings from The Big Apple where everyone is in World Series mode. GO YANKEES!!

Sorry I have been a bit slow in posting ... life has just been a bit chaotic as of late.

Hmm ... where do I begin?

First off, who all got tickets for the opening of the new Giants Stadium (ooops ... I mean the Meadowlands Stadium ... yeah, right, whatever haha)?

I was able to get Circleside tickets for all three nights but I swear that was the most stressful fan club ticket buying experience in history. I know Matt (Bongiovi) wasn't too thrilled with how the first pre-sale went down either ... so I'm suspecting there will be some changes in the future.

Speaking of the opening of Giants (sorry, but it will ALWAYS be Giants Stadium to me!) ... hope you all were able to catch the webcast of the "not-so-secret show." Thanks for the e-mails and texts from those of you who saw me during Prayer ... what a hoot! (Good thing I had actually told my office where I would be ... though they all would have guessed anyway when the announcement hit the newswires.)

It was a great morning, indeed ... though a bit on the early side for this night owl. Fiction Mistress and I got up at about 5am and headed to Penn Station for the train to Jersey. (A big thanks to JerzyJovi for picking us up and for bringing me coffee!! Y'all know how much I LOVE my coffee. LOL)


When we got there, the line wasn't too bad ... though entry (several hours later) was a complete cluster&*$% with people nearly getting trampled.

Nonetheless, we were able to get pretty decent spots in like the third row back between Jon and Hugh. The show was short but really fantastic. Having heard the acoustic version of "We Weren't Born to Follow" at the Actor's Studio and then hearing the amped up version Thursday morning was awesome - this is going to rock the arena for sure.

Here are some pictures courtesy of the Fiction Mistress ...

Looking good there, Jonny (I gotta say that it was damn bright out ... I actually got sunburn on my face ... but we lucked out completely in terms of weather)


















Okay, Mr. Bon Jovi ... you were only doing one new song ... do you really not know the words yet? LOL


























And, yes, Jon ... its us ... AGAIN! haha

























It was so great to see so many of our fellow Jovinuts ... it was a wonderful pre-party for the tour. Looking forward to seeing y'all again on the road!

------------

And, that was just the kick-off to a great weekend which also included a fantastic show by Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes on Saturday night at BB King's. I was so happy to be able to share FM's first Jukes show experience with her.

As usual, I staked out my spot between Jeff Kazee and John Conte ... seriously, I love those guys.

As an aside, got a great text from my crazy German girls before and after the Jukes first show in Europe who brought a sign with greetings from me for Jeff ... haha. Cracks me up! Sorry that Bobby isn't there girls ... but the new guitar guy is GREAT ... and cute too! LOL

Jeff tweeted this morning that there was a sign outside the dressing room that said "the Asbury Dukes" ... LOL ... like I told him, at least it was a "D" and not a "P" ...

In any case, it was a great setlist Saturday night - not all Jukes tunes this time - and FM got some great pictures (as usual.)

I just love this picture of Southside ...
























Here's a great one of Neal Pawley ...



















and ... of course ... gotta post one of my buddy Jeff ...



















Alright ... I better go for now.

I promise it won't be so long between posts. With the new record coming out (though, like many of you, I'm already BLASTING it non-stop LOL) ... and the book ... and more concerts ... never a dull moment in Joviworld.

ALSO! We haven't done a poll for quite some time have we? I'd better remedy that!

Until later, my friends ...

Be well. Be Yourself ... and remember ... LOVE'S THE ONLY RULE!

P.S. Remember how they turned off internet access at my office? Well, I finally acquiesced and got a Blackberry ... and after one day with this darn thing, I'm already thinking "how did I ever live without this?!" ROFL