Saturday, October 10, 2009

All About Bruce ...

Happy Saturday y'all ... hope you are having a good weekend thus far. Me? How am I? Well, I'm BARELY able to move. LOL ... seriously! I need to get in better shape before the Jovitour cuz after two back-to-back nights with Bruce and the E Street Band, I feel like I'm about 185 years old! How on earth am I going to make it thru 25-30 Jovishows ... ayyyy!

This was, of course, the final shows at our beloved Giants Stadium. I must say I got a little misty, especially last night, thinking about all the amazing shows I've been to there ... all the Jovi ones, as well as other artists. If you haven't heard it yet, here's the song Bruce wrote about the closing of the stadium ... yes, its awful to think that all our memories and victories and such will soon be a big parking lot. But, as Jon Bon Jovi would say "welcome to the next chapter" ...



They had some great "wrecking ball" t-shirts but I couldn't imagine wearing that across my chest. If you follow me on Twitter, you do know that I did actually buy a t-shirt ... so ... that makes 100 Bon Jovi t-shirts and ONE Bruce shirt. LOL

Anyway, there were so many amazing moments in the last two nights I don't even know where to start! The first night I was in the pit ... which was, as always, an incredible place to see a show. Certainly having the opportunity to help Bruce back to the stage was an unexpected treat! :-)

(here's a clip from a previous night of the great crowd-surfing moment)


Before all of you start thinking, oh HRH should do that! Just think about it. I don't think he'd ever get back to the stage. His clothes would be stripped off ... he would be grabbed everywhere (thank goodness he already has four kids) ... and he would be dropped "accidentally on purpose" and held captive by thousands of screaming women. Hmm ... perhaps just stick to walking thru the crowd, Jonny.

The Thursday show was "Born to Run" in its entirety ... and then last night was "Born in the U.S.A." from start to finish. I must say that hearing 60,000 people scream TRAMPS LIKE US is an almost amusing thing in itself. I loved hearing both those records - every track done by the original musicians. It was definitely a piece of history.

There were some extraordinary moments - a few that stand out are The Rising (on both nights), a smokin' version of Because the Night Belongs to Lovers, Human Touch with Patti (damn! I wish I could rock in leather pants like her ... one super cool chick), 4th of July, Asbury Park (better know as Sandy) and Jungleland (Thursday night.)

The man certainly shows that turning 60 obviously isn't a bad thing. He was non-stop action for 3+ hours (ok ... that's one thing that HRH could do ... c'mon Jonny, you're more than a decade younger ... you can still do 3 hour shows! hehe)

No, there were no "special guests" as was speculated upon endlessly by radio stations in NYC yesterday. In a way, I really wish they wouldn't do that because what happens is people end up getting disappointed over what DIDN'T happen rather than what DID.

And some people will always find something to complain about. I heard a lot of Bruce fans moaning about him closing with "Jersey Girl" ... which I LOVED! Oh, and by the way, why do Bruce fans talk so negatively about Bon Jovi and yet Bon Jovi fans - even if they don't care for Bruce - aren't NEARLY as nasty?! Hmmm...

But, in the end, the shows were FANTASTIC! They are two nights I will never forget ... along with all the other great nights in that great stadium. (Oh, and in good Giants Stadium fashion, as soon as the concert ended ... the skies opened up and it POURED ... guess the angels were crying.)

Well, that's all for now folks. I'll be back later. (Have you seen the WWBTF video yet? If not, go visit www.bonjovi.com.)

P.S. Here are the two setlists from the shows I attended ...

October 8, 2009
Wrecking Ball (with Curt Ramm)
Out in the Street
Outlaw Pete
Hungry Heart
Working on a Dream
Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out (with Jake Clemons, Ed Manion, Curt Ramm)
Night
Backstreets
Born to Run
She's the One
Meeting Across the River (with Curt Ramm)
Jungleland
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Raise Your Hand (instrumental)
It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City
My Love Will Not Let You Down
Because the Night
Human Touch
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Badlands
No Surrender
* * *
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Bobby Jean
American Land (with Curt Ramm)
Dancing in the Dark
Rosalita
Twist and Shout

October 9, 2009
Wrecking Ball
Badlands
Spirit In The Night
Outlaw Pete
Hungry Heart
Working On A Dream
Born In The USA
Cover Me
Darlington County
Working On The Highway
Downbound Train
I'm On Fire
No Surrender
Bobby Jean
I'm Goin' Down
Glory Days
Dancing In The Dark
My Hometown
Tougher Than The Rest
The Promised Land
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
The Rising
Born To Run
Raise Your Hand
The Last Time (Rolling Stones)
Waiting On A Sunny Day
Seven Nights To Rock
Kitty's Back
American Land
Jersey Girl