Wednesday, September 2, 2009

That's Why I Love This ... Month

Hello Jovinuts ... Happy Wednesday to y'all (or at least a portion of you.)

So, as you can see, I put the new MLB Post-Season promo video on the left side of the blog. I like it. This is the latest of several baseball promos the band has done -- and no! ... I'm not gonna get into the whole man vs band thing. Its not that I don't love and respect all the guys (for my mom would kick my a$$ if I ever were to say something negative about Tico ... LOL), I just have a different opinion on the subject. Bon Jovi IS a brand now and Jon is the face of that brand - its the music, the consistency, the philanthropy, the business sense, the attitude. And I'm just fine with that.

Ok. I must say ... as someone who admittedly wasn't crazy about the new single when I first heard it, damn it is growing on me. Actually, the same way that "I Love This Town" grew on me ... hmmm ... maybe its the baseball thing ...

...and aren't we all glad that yahoo in Boston didn't get anywhere with his seven gazillion dollar lawsuit about the song ... ROFLMAO



In any case, I love September (and October) because you've got two of my favorite sports simultaneously. As we head into the post-season, there is so much excitement around New York ... well, at least for Yankees fans. hahaha

And, then we've got the start of the NFL season going. So, there's an energy about that ... well, at least for Giants fans. hahaha

Oh, and throw on the U.S. Open and you've got pandemonium. Side note: I do sometimes wonder how I became a classical musician considering my obsession with sports and rock-n-roll ... hmmmm.

Well, that's all for now folks. Gotta get going to work and earn my keep ... more like, gotta go to work to pay for upcoming tour tickets!

P.S. Did anyone else notice the color part of the documentary clip? I don't remember there being any color at all in the Tribeca Film Festival version ...