Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Follow" Up ... get it? ... LOL




Sorry ... was that a bad blog post title? Anyway ...

I was sort of surprised to not have more comments this morning after posting the new single last night ... usually fans are so outspoken ... hmmm.....

Well, I have been silent long enough (what was that ... about 6 hours? LOL)

So ... here are my thoughts ... I heard it last night for the first time (like just about everybody else) ... and on first listen I will admit I was slightly disappointed, though not surprised. I'm trying to balance what I know/assume/surmise about the music industry with what I want to hear as a fan and musician. Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora are great storytellers...and that is what I love to hear.

Now, don't get me wrong ... there is an obvious implied message and an optimism that I like in this song ... yes, its going to be fun live - I was already shouting "yeah. yeah. yeah ... oh yeah" - but I found it too simplistic for my tastes and dare I say, predictable.

Still ... I am dyin' to hear the rest of the record because I know its usually that obscure track - the one that has no hope whatsoever of being a single - that I end up falling in love with.

P.S. There was a discussion over at another blog about the lack of implied meaning with the title of the album ... I completely disagree ... what do you think?