Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day ... Bon Jovi Style

Greetings fellow Jovinuts. Sorry I haven't blogged much ... its been pretty quiet in Joviland with the exception of some appearances and a few news items you can get from the Google alerts. No need to blog about those.

One piece of news that IS worth writing about is the amazing EIGHT nominations for our beloved MEMPHIS. I am so happy for Chad Kimball and Montego Glover - they really ARE Huey and Felicia - and do a fabulous job each and every night. Here's a picture my friend L got of the signage after the announcement.



















So, Happy Mother's Day to all those moms out there.

I am blessed that my mom is a Jovinut too. She gets it. She leaves me random phone messages like "what's up with our boys?" or calls me when she sees Jon on some random entertainment program.

The first show I ever took her to see, we were first row between Jon and Richie. (Probably wasn't a great idea to spoil her right off the bat, huh? LOL) Anyhoo, she spent the whole concert being serenaded by Richie, who was SUCH a gentleman and tipped his hat to her and smiled and (dare I say) flirted with her. At the end of the show he gives her his guitar pick. So ... what happens? She falls in love with TICO!

So here are a few videos for my mom.

I have been lucky to be at some of the legendary Bon Jovi shows - including every Giants show and almost every MSG and Borgata one. But here's one I really wish I could have seen ... in Helsinki of all places! That would have been cool ...



... and here's a video from a show I actually attended ... (still miss those Christmas shows ... and now with Bobby on tour with them, I don't think we're going to get a Hope concert this year either :-( ... BLAME JON!)



And, of course, a more recent appearance of the gravelly voiced one (damn, that was one helluva show! A night I will NEVER forget. And ... Jon Bon Jovi has many, MANY talents ... but him playing drums, not so much LOL.)



Well, that's all for now folks. I'm sure things will be heating up soon as we prepare for the onslaught of Jovifans from around the world. (Can someone put a big stopper in that volcano, please?!) In less than two weeks, my crazy Germans will have invaded the Big Apple. This is welcome news to every retailer in the tri-state area. ROFLMAO

Until then, "rocketh on!"