Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just When I Thought it was Safe LOL

Happy Tuesday y'all. Its another dreary, ugly day in the Big Apple but this IS the city that never sleeps, right? Ugh.

I was hoping that with the Bon Jovi boys on a break before the Giants shows (yes, I'm STILL calling it Giants .... none of this "New Meadowlands" stuff for me!) that my schedule would slow down just a bit.

Ahh ... but the music gods conspire against me. Haha.

So I took a train ride down the shore on Friday to catch the Kazeedigs show at the Stone Pony. Damn, I love that venue ... lots of great memories there between Jukes shows and walks on the boardwalk. The band was doing the complete "Exile on Main Street" by the Rolling Stones ... and though, I wasn't completely familiar with all the tunes, just the energy and verstatility of the musicians was awesome. As usual, whenever Southside is involved with something, its a whole different dynamic. Haha.

Here's a great clip of one of the encores (which I DID know LOL!)



A couple of other highlights included a vocally searing version of "Let It Loose" by Jeff Kazee and a down-and-dirty "Stop Breaking Down" by my favorite Brit, Neal Pawley (that's what my tweet "Smitten with (a) Britain" was about...) It was a great night. :)

What's next?

Well, I'm super-excited that my friend L is able to get me in to a private Melissa Etheridge show on Thursday night--yes, the same night that Jon Bon Jovi is playing a charity gig at Cipriani 42nd Street. Would love to stop by the event, especially given my own ongoing leukemia battle, but alack and alas I can only be in one place at one time. Supposedly, Etheridge is on the attendee list for that event as well. Hopefully she will be very late ... after a long, long show. :)

If you haven't heard "Fearless Love" from her new record, take a listen to this acoustic version. The woman can ROCK!



But seriously, I AM going to take a bit of a break from running aruond like a crazy person before my doctor throws me in the loony bin! But no worries, there are new Jovi pics and videos coming ... for with this first leg done, its time to do the "best of" recap. Haha.