Sunday, May 16, 2010

How to Spell Heartbreak ...

So, I received a tweet tonight that nearly brought tears to my eyes. It was this picture ...



Yes, my friends ... that is what remains of our beloved Giants Stadium as of the end of this past week.

I know I'm blessed to live in NYC (though I must admit that living here is sometimes a HUGE pain in the a$$!) ... and I've been lucky to attend dozens of shows, games and other events at the stadium -- including every concert done there by our boys -- from that very first show to Live Earth to those amazing nights during the HAND tour.

It has been truly a privilege to watch Jon Bon Jovi and his band of brothers in that venue. The good years. The "not so good" years. The legendary rainstorms. The large flying rodent-insects (Hugh will remember that from the HAND tour.) Although I am a huge Giants fan, when I think of the stadium I think of Jovi. I know we'll all be making new memories in just over a week from now, but until then here's a trip down memory lane ...

(its amazing there is even video from this!) ...



one of my faves ...



and, of course ...



I'm counting down the days 'til all the Jovinuts from around the world arrive. Can't wait to see y'all! More details about a meet-up before Friday's "Memphis" show coming soon. Just trying to work out the specifics. If you're around, would love for you to join us.