Thursday, June 10, 2010

Countdown to the Tonys!


Its only a few days now until the big night ... THE 2010 TONY AWARDS! I'm so excited I can barely sit still.

Ever since I was a wee child, my family always watched the Tonys so its a dream come true to be able to actually attend ... THANK YOU L, LOVE YA!!! xoxo

Anyhoo, preparations have been underway - both at Radio City Music Hall and in Big Apple Jovi Girl's apartment, where I've been fretting about the right dress, shoes, jewelry and make-up. And as if going to the ceremony wasn't thrilling enough, my friend J is taking me to the "American Idiot" after-party ... how cool is THAT?! Okay, I know I know ... I'm all about MEMPHIS, but a party is a party right?! LOL ... And I DID go to the opening (read about that fun night here.)

So, the official Tony people have been confirming presenters and performers for the night and its quite the list ... including Antonio Banderas, Cate Blanchett, Michael Douglas, Scarlett Johansson, Lucy Liu, Helen Mirren, Chris Noth, Bernadette Peters, David Hyde Pierce and Raquel Welch. Pretty awesome.

And, of course, as always, there will be selections by the nominees for best musical and best play. Rumor has it that the cast from "American Idiot" will perform with Green Day playing the music (instead of the show band) ... and we have also heard that there will be something special by our Bon Jovi boys for David? ... ooooh, can't wait to see what comes of that. Will we only see it if David wins for best original score? Hmmm ...

If possible, I will be tweeting (bigapplejovi) from the show ... so if you're around on Sunday night, tune in for some insight from inside the theatre while I cheer for Montego Glover, Chad Kimball, Joe DiPietro, David Bryan and the cast of MEMPHIS ... as well as my Juilliard classmate Viola Davis to all win big.

And then, check the blog on Monday (or maybe Tuesday dependent upon how late I'm up Sunday night LOL) for a complete wrap-up.

P.S. Am getting daily reports from my crazy Germans who are living in London for the month. Can't wait to hear about Jeff Kazee's big night at the 02 -- watch out, Jeff ... they have tickets on your side. LOL