Friday, November 20, 2009

Phil vs Phil

Now don't fall off your chair or anything ... but yes ... I have FINALLY posted a new poll! I figured we hadn't done one of these in a while, so it was high time we did.

In celebration of Monday night's AmEx event with Jon Bon Jovi and Phil Griffin, I decided that we would take a closer look at the two videos Phil had done with Bon Jovi prior to the making of the documentary.

First up is Whole Lot of Leaving ... which is, in my opinion, hands down the best song on the Lost Highway album. Period.

The video - which is clearly a precursor to what we would see in the documentary in terms of film style - wasn't widely played here in the States but I really enjoy it. I like that on a few recent videos they did overdub Jon actually singing (also on Make a Memory.) Additionally, I just simply love black and white film. Those of you who know me are probably not surprised AT ALL by this.



Up next is one of the other singles from Lost Highway, Til We Ain't Strangers Anymore ... which was played non-stop in the States.

I like the song - will listen to it on the record and think their voices meld very well together. As for the video, of course I love that it was shot in New York. I believe it was done right in front of the Flatiron building (correct me if I'm wrong) and I like the symbolism in how those two streets come together. I do wonder, however, what God-awful time of night they had to shoot it, considering traffic around there. Well, at least Jon didn't have to travel too far. LOL
















Sorry, video upload was taking waay too long, so CLICK HERE to see the video. (Will try upload again later.)

Side Note: That is one big bed there ... with the size of NYC apartments, you'd HAVE to have it out on the street. LOL

Anyway, so those are my thoughts ... now its your turn ... (don't forget to leave comments if you'd like) ... poll box is somewhere in the left sidebar.